After baking the cornflake crunchies which uses 2 egg yolks, made these almond crisps where only egg whites are required. Thanks to Blessed Homemaker for sharing the recipe. During the first trial, had difficuities removing the cookies from the baking paper so decided to use greased aluminum foil instead for the second time and here's the result. The children love these very much.
Recipe adapted from Blessed Homemaker (made slight changes):
2 egg whites
50 g castor sugar
50 g plain flour, sifted
1. Line a baking tray with greased aluminum foil.
2. Add sugar to egg white, stir to mix and dissolve sugar.
3. Add sifted flour to mix. Mixture should be creamy.
4. Pour the mixture onto the prepared tray and using the back of a spoon, spread it out thinly.
5. Lay almond flakes in a single layer onto the mixture.
6. Bake in preheated oven 180 C for 12 - 15 mins or golden brown.
7. Remove to cool slightly outside the oven before removing cookie from the aluminum foil.
8. Break the cookies into random pieces.